untethered fibre artists inc. accepts applications at any time, regardless of vacancies. Membership is only open to residents of NSW/ACT. The group requires all members to be available to help in its function, regardless of location, and to attend 4 meetings a year in Sydney.
The group numbers are limited. Suitable applicants will be offered an interview and, if successful, placed on a waiting list until a place becomes available.
untethered fibre artist’s produce and exhibit art using fibre, textile materials and processes. The group provides a forum for members’ expression and development of fibre art practices.
untethered fibre artists inc. offers members the opportunity to exhibit as professional artists in multiple venues, to share costs and to engage in mutual critiquing and encouragement. In turn, members are expected to:
- engage with the group critique process as currently practiced within untethered fibre artists inc. Note: this is not an individual mentoring process.
- engage with other members and their work, online in our invisible Facebook group and in person
- attend four meetings a year meetings on the north side of Sydney or by Zoom, when available. Members are expected to attend in person, unless exceptional circumstances apply.
- attend, where possible, occasional social meetings, in person and on Zoom
- bear their share of costs (currently about $900 pp p.a.), and
- share the administrative load of making exhibitions happen.
Membership renewal is each December, recommitting to the Exhibition Cycle. The cycle consists of making an average of three artworks over a two-year period and supporting the subsequent exhibitions, ending at the last exhibition for that cycle.
- Applicants should have exhibition, conceptual and technical practice on a par with the level of the group now.
- They should also demonstrate a capacity to work in a group, for the benefit of all. Their approach should reflect the collegiate philosophy of the group.
- Membership is only open to residents of NSW/ACT. The group requires all members to be available to help in its function, regardless of location.
Applications will be considered on the basis of an assessment of the artist’s work and their likely fit for our unusual approach of mutual support and co-critiquing. The expectations within the group are rigorous, with the focus on professionalism in producing exceptional artworks for the exhibition arena. Members are expected to commit time to the group, both to facilitate quality work and to engage in practical tasks in our busy schedule.
Please complete the application form and provide requirements as specified in the information pack. Applications can be submitted by email to email@example.com. Selected applicants are asked to attend an interview with the selection panel in person, in Sydney or via Zoom, as circumstances require.
untethered fibre artists inc. reserves the right not to select any candidates. A panel of three group members will select suitable applicants, who will be invited to an interview. Successful applicants will be placed on the waiting list and contacted when a place becomes available.
Download the information pack here.
For further information, please contact us.